1. If you are sick or feel sick, STAY HOME
2. Users waiting to utilize a section or area of the field should wait outside the field of play until previous users have vacated the area to ensure proper social distancing and prevent accidental contact of other users’ equipment.
3. Upon arrival at the field, if capability exists, take the temperature of participants, including coaches. Anyone with a temperature of 100 or more should be sent home and not allowed to participate for a minimum of 14 days.
4. Players’ equipment should be kept in designated areas with at least 6 feet separation. Players should not congregate and should return to their designated area during breaks.
5. Players should sanitize hands before and after play, avoid sharing equipment, and clean and wipe down equipment. All balls should be disinfected after every practice.
6. Practice vest/pinnies must be washed after each use.
7. Players may not share water bottles. No centralized hydration or refreshment stations are permitted.
8. Hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes should be available during the entire session.
9. Spectators are currently not allowed at games sanctioned by Mass Adult Soccer.
10. All participants should adhere to a strict “carry in, carry out” policy and take waste with them.
11. Respect for each individual’s choices must be the top priority. If a participant wishes to wear a face mask this should be allowed, with accommodations made if needed.
12. Pre- and post-game rituals, such as an international walk-on or handshake line, should be eliminated. Sportsmanship should continue in a touchless manner.
Please see below for Requirements specific to the current Return to Play phase which may supersede some or all of these guidelines.
Referees may not alter the Laws of the Game.
The above guidelines are minimum standards for games affiliated with Mass Soccer. Please consult the Mass.gov website for additional guidance documents specific to Adult Amateur Sports. As always, everyone should make their own decisions on what is an acceptable risk before stepping onto the pitch.