1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and how/why Safira FC established? - "I was born in Brazil and I am 36 years old. I have resided in the Boston area since 2000. Safira FC was established in 2007 by a group of friends trying to play in Boston's Brazilian Soccer League."
2. What Safira FC accomplishment are you most proud of? - "In 2008 we entered into our first ever futsal tournament in Baltimore, MD but didn't perform so well. In 2009 we entered again and won the Region I and National titles. To date, Safira FC have won 8 regional futsal titles and 4 national futsal titles. The Safira FC accomplishment that I am most proud of is our 4 national futsal titles."
3. Safira FC have qualified this year as the Mass Soccer representative in both the USASA National Amateur Cup and Werner Fricker Cup. How do you balance these cup competitions with your OTHSL and UPSL leagues? - "We have a very large roster with about 40 players. For every game we try to select the right players, it also depends on the importance of the game. It is not easy to manage a large roster like ours but so far it has been working out."
4. Now having competed against many other USASA sponsored state associations, how do you think Mass Soccer clubs stack up against the likes of Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Maryland etc.? - "Of course it is not easy because we are facing the champions of every state but in Mass Soccer we have 3 or 4 teams on the same level of competition."
5. Safira FC have been a perennial Mass Soccer powerhouse. In your opinion, what’s the secret to your success? - "The secret of our success, I would say, is our love for soccer and the brotherhood we have built. We also try to recruit players with our same winning mentality and style of play. We share with one another and enjoy as a family."
6. Moving forward, what are the team’s goals for 2018 and beyond? - "Our goal this season is to win all the competitions we are participating in, something very hard to achieve but not impossible."
7. What is your favorite Mass Soccer memory? - "My favorite Mass Soccer memory is winning both Mass Soccer cup qualifying competitions to represent the State in the USASA Amateur National Cup and Werner Fricker Cup."
8. What is it about soccer that’s so special to you and the Safira FC family? - "Soccer is our passion, it runs in our blood since we were kids. It is what has kept us away from many difficult times and it is genuinely what has made us who we are today."