This policy shall apply to all activities under the Mass Soccer jurisdiction.
1) Mass Soccer employees and Board Members shall consent to background screening, to be conducted by NCSI or other approved provider, and shall complete “Safe Sport training” concerning child abuse prevention through the U.S. Center for SafeSport or equivalent.
2) The named Manager of a team that includes a Youth player shall consent to background screening and Safe Sport training within the first 45 days of becoming the manager or registering the player. (This requirement does not apply if the player will reach the age of 18 within the first 45 days of joining the team.)
3) In addition to the initial training, individuals covered by this policy shall complete a refresher course on an annual basis following the completion of the initial training.
4) All members of Mass Soccer shall take reasonable procedures to limit one-on-one interactions between an individual Youth player and any Adult Participant who is not their legal guardian. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Meetings and individual training sessions
• Massages and rubdowns
• Locker rooms, rest rooms, and changing areas
• Social media and electronic communications
• Local travel
• Team travel
The components set forth in this policy represent a minimum standard. Nothing in this policy shall prevent a team or league from implementing a policy that is stricter than the Mass Soccer Policy, e.g. requiring the entire team to take Safe Sport training. This policy may be amended as needed to ensure compliance with federal requirements.