We would like to emphasize the following points if you are going to enter the National Cups competition:
Musanda J-P Lukengu and Kevin Griffith
National Cups Commissioners
1. Are rosters and Player Cards required?
Mass Soccer Amateur Cup rosters are required. Player cards are preferred, but temporary IDs may be printed off the Mass Soccer Website, if plastic cards can not be located. Government issued IDs and use of electronic device (must be logged in to mass-soccer website) are OK
2. Will we be able to make changes to our roster through out the competition?
YES - But only during the state rounds of the competition. In regional play, USASA rules apply.
3. Is there a restriction for the # of players on your roster?
In the state rounds, you can have up to 30 players on your roster. HOWEVER: After the ref checks in the 11 starters, team manager MUST designate/select the 7 substitute players for the match. Any additional player names on the roster MUST be strikethrough.
Only the 7 substitute players & the coaching staff can remain in the team bench/technical area.
4. What is the substitution rules for the Cup tourney?
7 subs are allowed with no re-entry
5. What if the game ends in a tie after 90 mins of play?
For matches tied after 90 minutes, teams will play two full 15-minute extra time periods (no golden goal). If still tied, FIFA Kicks From The Mark will be used to determine the winner.
GOOD LUCK IN THE COMPETITION!!